There are so many fantastic touring options in Scotland that it can be hard to fit all your clients’ wishes into one trip! An excellent way to familiarise yourself with Scotland and learn about the set itinerary packages on offer is to develop a working relationship with some of the tour operators who sell Scottish product. This way, you will be able to advise your clients on the most effective use of their time.
Scotland also has 13 tourist routes that will direct your clients off the main trunk roads and motorways where they will discover Scotland’s diverse landscape, towns and villages and find great things to see and do on the way. The routes are easy to follow, vary in length and are well signposted with distinctive brown and white signs. Find more information on Scotland’s 13 road trip routes.
Here are some sample itineraries for different areas in Scotland.
History and Heritage
- Edinburgh and South Scotland - 4 Days
- Glasgow, Ayrshire & Arran, Dumfries & Galloway and Argyll & the Isles - 4 Days
- Stirling and The Forth Valley - 4 Days
- North of Scotland - 4 Days
- Orkney & Shetland - 4 Days
- South of Scotland - 4 Days
- Perthshire Gardens - 4 Days
- Cairngorms National Park - 4 Days
- Scotland's Tay Country - 4 Days
- Classic Cities Sample Itinerary - Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee - 4 Days
- Classic Scotland Sample Itinerary - Speyside, Perthshire, Edinburgh and The Scottish Borders- 4 Days